Friday, April 5, 2013


so heres what I'm doing now.


Its hard out here for a pimp.


anyway...
this year a friend of mine (name: N Legaspi y Dukes) and I began working on a secret project which N titled "ART SLASH CRIME INTERNATIONAL." I suppose it is sort of a curio service for underground artists and bands who wish to distribute their art and music through a totally free provider, perhaps one day turning into a label. As of now we have about 14 or 15 artists and musicans who have agreed to work on the project by submitting their works to us for procurement and media distribution. I want to stress that this is a totally free, non profit type of organization. We are not here to steal or judge the music and art we showcase. We are here to deliver said art to the greater world. The idea is to produce a mixtape to be distributed in different sectors (eg. CDs, itunes Podcasts, Soundcloud, bandcamp, etc.) featuring full songs from each artist played in a radio or podcast like atmosphere (with information on bands contact, booking, artist info and all that good shit) interviews, comedy (live comedy recorded at venues with crowd noise) poetry, video, art, graphic art, graphitti, novels, short storys...you can get what I am talking about. Everything we can get our grubby little hands on, we want a piece of it.

This idea, at least for me, springs out of the idea that, as a local artist, I feel there are a great number of really talented people who I know personally (including myself) who are trying to make their way in the art world, but feel like it is an insurmountable task. N and I want to push these talents to do the kind of work we all love to do, to make our art and feel like we are making it for some reason other than ourselves. We want to get this stuff out there. Its past time.

If you want to get involved...

you know the number...use it!


No comments:

Post a Comment