Thursday, March 21, 2013


Been doing some of these lately...
really love me some ASOIAF...
but the show...

its a mockery at times.

I mean I love tits as much as the next guy...
or more...
and ass too...
but Game of Thrones is reDICKulous with that shit...
I mean...
I get it...
I know...
Theres like 100 sex scenes in the books...
but GRRM made them feel so real...
so like life...
not campy and awkward and unnerving...
even when it was supposed to be that way...
HBO doesnt quite know when to pull their punches...

and then they start changing shit...
I mean
I know...
GRRM works on the show...
Writes...
Directs...
BUT 
WHY THE FUCK DOES ROZ HAVE HER OWN GODDAMN STORYLINE?!?!?!?!
A character merely mentioned in the books...
Theon: "I'm gonna go fuck Roz"
HBO: "HEY! Lets make her an every episode character! MORE BOOBS EQUALS MORE MORONS WATCHING!"
damn damn damn damn damn
I mean I like the show...
I mean

I'm really trying to like the show...
BUT THATS NOT HOW IT HAPPENED!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!
ITS THE SAME THING THEY DID TO WATCHMEN!
RAPE!
RAPE!
THEY ARE RAPING WATCHMEN!
well no...
that was worse...
much worse...
but it comes back to what I always think when some self absorbed, masochistic director decides they want to do a "book to film"
WHY EVEN MAKE IT IF YOU ONLY WANT TO CHANGE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT?
Why would you read something and think
"WOW"
"THIS IS GREAT"
"EXCEPT I WANT TO CHANGE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT."
"I THINK I'LL MAKE A SHOW."
"AND CHANGE EVERYTHING ABOUT THE BOOK SO ITS ONLY LOOSELY FOLLOWING THE PLOTLINE!"

Thats bullshit.
come on
its not because the "viewing public" may have read the books already and you want to mix things up.
thats fucking stupid.
I read these books years ago.
I am a hipster for ASOIAF
I will not deny it.
and now that HBO has made it sexy
it pisses me off just a little bit.
the books are better.
I know, I know
thats "always" the case.
But this time its true. 

so sosososos

No comments:

Post a Comment